Re: [Evolution] Email addresses in Evolution

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 17:23 +0000, Dianne Reuby wrote:
Most of my emails are to people in my address book, so I type their
name and click the email address I want.

Some names show as Joe Bloggs <joe bloggs xyz com>, some as Joe
Bloggs, and some as joe.bloggs.com

I can't work out what I do differently when creating my contact in the
address book to cause the different formats. Can someone explain this
please?

        Hi,
when you type a contact address quickly enough, then it's not
autocompleted, and it's shown as you wrote it (it's not underlined).
When you autocompleted it, then contacts with only one email address are
shown with their name only, but those with more addresses are shown with
an address too, so you can distinguish to which address you are sending
it (say you've filled a work address and a home address to Joe). You can
set to always show addresses for autocompleted contacts in
Edit->Preferences->Contacts.
        Bye,
        Milan