[Evolution] Preview frame cursor jumping to top after clicking on link

Dear colleagues,
   This problem probably more properly should be sent to a
RedHat bugzilla because it refers to an older version of
evolution, and I will do that, but I am curious first
whether others are seeing the same problem.
   I am still running Evolution 2.12.3 and Gnome 2.16.0, the
versions supplied with RedHat Enterprise Linux Server 5.5.
This brand-new problem just appeared in the last few days after
some RedHat update that as far as I know did not include evolution
components.
   Now, when I left click on a URL link in an email in the preview
pane (typically to view an article from a journal contents page
email), the cursor jumps to the top of the email.  On return from
viewing the article, I need to scroll back down to where I was in
the contents list.  Very annoying.  I note that if I instead
right-click on the link and then select "Open Link in Browser"
the cursor stays where it was.
   Anybody else seeing this, whether in RedHat or some other distro?
Any ideas what software component might cause this if modified?
   Regards,
George Reeke, Ph.D.
Head, Laboratory of Biological Modelling
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Avenue
New York, NY  10065
email:  reeke rockefeller edu