Re: [Evolution] Case-sensitivity in filters

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 14:24 +0000, Marcus Harrison wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm usually a KDE user but sometimes log in to Ubuntu, and when I do I like to
use Evolution as my mail-client. Now, I have a pretty comprehensive set-up for
my few mail accounts, being heavily bias towards the one I'm posting from now.
I have a lot of subscriptions and use filters to filter them into various
folders.

I recently discovered that the filters are case-sensitive: I.E. that a filter
set to filter messages going to, "marcus harrisonland co uk" wouldn't filter
messages going to, "Marcus Harrisonland co uk". Given that E-mails are case-
insensitive, is this a wise decision? I'm not suggesting that it's never
useful, but isn't there a way to switch it off for specific filters (such as for,
"To:", "From:" and, "CC:" fields, or otherwise letting the user disable it for
specific filters)?

Good point. Perhaps you'd like to report it to Bugzilla and post the URL
here.

poc

PS BTW I use Evo under KDE all the time. It works fine.