Re: [Evolution] Alternative shortcuts/external editor?

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 12:57 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
Experimental plugins are a set of half-baked, bit rotted or abandoned
plugins in our source tree that we would rather not support right now
but still show some potential.  In this case I think the external-editor
plugin just needs a little UI love and some testing.

If any hackers in the audience are interested in giving it some polish,
talk to me.  I don't think it's on any developer's agenda right now.

what's in git head for external-editor builds and works -- at least with
regard to using gvim -f.  I'm editing this response now in gvim.  Note -- I
don't have the plugin configured to start the external editor on every
compose -- I just invoke it from the composer's File menu when I need
vim's functionality in composing an email ( not really necessary for
this response, but I did want to make sure that the build I did this
morning didn't break it )

reid