Re: [Evolution] Maildir and dot hierarchy separator

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 10:24 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
It appears that Maildir does use the a.b.c format as you say. I wasn't
aware of that.
More precisely Maildir does use standard subfolders but Maildir++ which
is a compatible extension created by the developer of Courrier-imap uses
the a.b.c format.

Yeah.  "compatible extension"... famous last words.  Isn't Courier an
IMAP server?  Why not use IMAP?

<rant>This idea of dinking around under a server is just bad, period.  A
server should *serve* access to its content and be the sole master of
that content;  one of the reasons I love Cyrus IMAPd, it doesn't make
any pretense about being an IMAP/file server.  It is an IMAP server -
full stop.  Users, including me the admin, have no business thrashing
about in the mail store.  There is no point - mail can be accessed via
IMAP and administration operations can be performed via tools.</rant>

Agreed (vehemently :-)

poc