Re: [Evolution] separte folder

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 02:12 +0430, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
Dear all,

In Evolution, if I use IMAP as the incoming protocol for the mail
account, then this account will have a separated section. However, if I
use POP as the incoming protocol, then this account is merged into On
this Computer group. I want POP account to have a separated section. How
would I do that?

If you understand the difference between IMAP and POP the logic of this
becomes clearer:

* IMAP is a protocol for interacting with a remote server. The mail is
assumed to stay on the server, so of course each server (actually each
account) has its own folder.

* POP is a protocol for downloading mail from a server. By default, the
mail is assumed to be stored locally in one place. Having multiple POP
accounts doesn't change this.

You can change the behaviour of the POP server(s) by applying a filter
to incoming mail to sort it into one folder per account. See
http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#Is_it_possible_to_have_separate_individual_pop_accounts.3F

poc