Re: [Evolution] Emplying trash folder

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 14:57 -0400, Jonathan Jacobs wrote:
My mother has a boat load of emails that she is trying to delete.
 Evolution is having a problem doing that.  I have posted a bug but
 only a few people have had this problem and they have Ubuntu 9.10.  No
 error messages pop up, the emails just sit in the trash folder and do
 nothing.

Does the user understand the Evo deletion model: mark the message
Deleted, and later on Expunge the folder?

Is the account in question local (POP) or remote (IMAP, Exchange, etc.)?

If the account is local, check the size of the offending folder (not
Trash but the the folder she's deleting from, probably Inbox). If it's
close to 2GB, that may be the problem. ALso make sure there is at least
2GB free space on the filesystem that holds /tmp.

poc