Re: [Evolution] suddenly junking good mail

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 18:52 -0400, Carpet Nailz wrote:
After years of working fine, Evolution (2.22.1.1 on openSUSE 11.0)
suddenly began putting email from my wife (coming from the same mail
server that I get email from) in junk. I haven't changed any of the
Evolution settings. Anyone have any idea what might cause this? And how
to fix it--marking the junked email as "Not junk" doesn't seem to
prevent its happening again with other mail from my wife.

Open Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences and select the Junk tab. What
are the settings? e.g. do you use either of the anti-spam plugins, and
if so which one? (they are Spamassassin and Bogofilter).

If so, you need to check that the appropriate spam filter is working
correctly. This is outside the scope of Evo itself (it just calls the
filter). You may have a corrupt spam/ham database.

Also, are your Receiving Mail options set to take into account anti-spam
headers that may be set by your email provider ("Check Custom Header for
Junk")? If so, take a look at the full headers for the problem messages
and see if you provider is doing something it shouldn't (you can always
try turning the option off to test it).

poc