Re: [Evolution] Maximum contacts in a list?

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 15:20 +0100, Dianne Reuby wrote:
On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 09:44 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 23:08 +0100, Dianne Reuby wrote:
Is there a maximum number of contacts that can be included in a list?
I've created an address book for the volunteers that I organise, and
added them to a contact list. There are just over 50. When I try to send
a message to the list, it fails, but without a message to tell me what's
caused it.
I'm wondering if this is an anti-spam feature.
     A. I assume you are putting the addresses in BCC and not To or CC?
        (You should be using BCC for something like this,  with one
        valid To: [usually yourself]).
Do you get the message from Evolution or from your MTA when you try to
send?
I'm using BCC with one of my personal emails in the To: address.
Evolution gives "Error performing operation" and the email remains in
the outbox.
Is there a log in evo that I could check for a more informative message?
I'm assuming it just doesn't like that many addresses in the contact
list, but the documentation doesn't say anything about the maximum
permitted so I thought I'd see if list members know from experience what
this might be.

Stop Evolution completely [prompt> evolution --force-shutdown],  then
run Evolution from a propt as "CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution".  It
should be very chatty.