Re: [Evolution] evolution-mapi broken in Ubuntu Karmic

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 11:02 -0500, steve carl wrote:
2.28 made it there a couple days later, although it is not working for
me yet:

here are the packages I have as of today (October 1st: Beta due
today!)

ii  evolution-mapi                       0.28.0-0ubuntu1
Evolution extension for MS Exchange 2007 ser
ii  libexchangemapi1.0-0                 0.28.0-0ubuntu1
Client library for accessing MAPI servers
ii  libmapi0                             1:0.8.2+svn1423-1ubuntu1
Client library for the MAPI protocol

And here are the bugs I have filed on the MAPI related failures /
crashes

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/438247
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/436751
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/434907

At the end of it all, while I am not experienced at reading the
tracebacks and dump info, it appears to me to all be one basic bug
where Evolution, via MAPI, is trying to read from a non-readable
Virtual Memory Area (VMA).

That seems a bit odd to me, as I would not have thought Evolution
would be directly involved in memory management, so I am guessing
something in MAPI is not compiled against the correct version of
something. Maybe a security permission is not there? Who knows...

Bugs are marked as medium right now, but they are keeping me from
being able to use MAPI against Exchange 2007 at all.

Same for me. I am able to start Evolution (fresh install in VirtualBox),
configure my Exchange-account and also download all headers. As soon as
I try to download a message Evolution crashes though.

Rgds