Re: [Evolution] Evo and mail notification in KDE taskbar

Hi,

El día Thursday, November 26, 2009 a las 11:21:28AM +0100, Milan Crha escribió:

On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 09:20 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
The notification area icon appears when new mail arrives and Evo
doesn't
have focus - as soon as you "acknowledge" the arrival of new mail by
giving focus to Evo, the icon goes away.  So it's a "new" mail icon
rather than an "unread" mail icon.  It doesn't appear if Evo has focus
when the mail arrives.

I don't think that the fact that the icon does not appear, does not
depend on having Evo the focus; most of the time Evo sits in another of
my 4 desktops and I'm working on other stuff, i.e. Evo does not have the
focus, and the icon is not showing up;

      Hi,
actually, the icon goes away as soon as you "read" a mail (any mail, not
only the new one). It's how it is working with 2.28. You can configure
behavior of the notifications in a way of "notify me for new messages in
Inbox only", thus receiving new messages in other than Inbox folders
will not show the notification.

This setup can be found in Edit->Plugins->Mail Notification->tab
"Configuration" or by right-clicking the notification icon in 2.28.x,
but it's different in 2.24 for sure. There definitely isn't that
right-clicking, and the option is probably buried somewhere under
Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences, on some tab.

In my 2.24 there is also Edit->Plugins->Mail Notification->tab Configuration
see screen http://www.unixarea.de/notify3.png
there is no right-click-action on the tab;

It's possible that the above is not a case for you. Do you use Exchange?
There was a bug report about not showing mail notifications for newly
received messages on Exchange. I do not have much idea what happened
with that bug report. I only noticed it quite long time ago.

I have to use Exchange; do you know where to locate the bug report?

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211