Re: [Evolution] configuration problem

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 08:12 -0500, joseph wrote:
I tried to configure Evolution and send a message but got the error
message:

Error while sending message: MAIL FROM command failed: Authentication
required.

Presumable your SMTP server requires authentication. You can set this up
in the Preferences-><account>->Sending Email dialogue. There's a tickbox
for "Server requires authentication". You'll also need to indicate what
kind. Use the "Check for supported types" button to see what the options
are for your server.

Gmail works. I've got Ubuntu koala installed.

You mean it works for sending as well as receiving? If so, you can use
the Gmail SMTP service for all your mail, as long as your ISP isn't
blocking it. See the Gmail help pages for setting this up.

poc