Re: [Evolution] Junk Mail marked as read

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 21:53 +0000, Neil wrote:
I'm new to Evolution, and there are a few simple things that I'd expect
it can probably do but I can't seem to find the option for.  I'm using
2.24.3 on Linux Mint.  What I want to be able to do is:

Have the default of threaded view for newsgroups, but not threaded for
mail.  Currently selecting one option seems to set it everywhere.

Don't know. I never use Evo for news.

Have "All Messages" for most folders, but "Unread Messages" for Junk.
Again, setting it in one folder seems to affect others, although
strangely not always.

This works for me.

Be able to see which junk mail is new.  Currently I get the Junk folder
highlighted and a count against it, but all of the mails in it are
marked as read.  Is this normal behaviour, seems like a bug maybe?

Known bug.

Have short mail addresses in the from column.  Currently it's showing,
for instance,  "Fred Bloggs <fredb fredbloggs xyz>" where I'd just like
"Fred Bloggs".

I don't think that's possible. You can ask for an enhancement at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org

The option to mark a whole thread as read.

Folder->Select Message Thread (Ctrl-H), then Message->Mark As->Read
(Ctrl-K). My fingers know Ctrl-H-K without even thinking about it :-)

poc