[Evolution] search for body text not working

Hi,

I've been using Evolution for some time now, and mostly it's been
solid!  I'm using Evolution 2.22.3.1 on Ubuntu 8.04LTS, straight from
the Ubuntu repo.

However, I have been unsuccessful getting the search function to work
searching for "Body contains", in the dropdown search tool.

Other modes work, especially subject or sender, but nothing I've
tried, including Advanced search, allows me to search for text within
the body of an e-mail.  Even simple words such as "and" and "the" do
not produce results.  I'm forced to use grep on my actual mail files
(using spooldir format) to search for body text.

Is this a known issue with this version, or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for any info.

Chris

--
Life is like Linux - it never stands still.