[Evolution] evolution 2.26.1 - no mail notification

I am running mint 7 Gloria (which is more or less Ubuntu 9.04 with evo 2.26.1). I installed it just few days ago (fresh install). Everything works well except evolution mail notification - I am not getting new mail notification in the panel notification area even though I enabled mail notification plugin. Meetings notifications are also missing from the panel even though I get a poup window with the meeting reminder 15 minutes before a meeting as expected. The server type I am using is MS Exchange.

I wonder if anybody hit this problem and if there are any solutions.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Piotr