Re: [Evolution] Another Computer

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 21:43 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On 06/09/2009 09:16 PM, Gerald wrote:
Hi Guy's.
Just a thought. On the top left on Evolution is "On This Computer"
Does this mean I could, in theory, connect to another computer and
display e-mail from that machine?

No.

Of course you could run Evo on the other machine and redirect the
display to your own machine, but I presume that's not what you mean.

poc

"On This Computer" simply means emails that are stored locally on your
computer.  In my situation, I have a Gmail IMAP account.  The IMAP files
are stored on Gmail's servers.  However, any emails I redirect to
folders under "On this Computer" are available for viewing even if I am
offline.