Re: [Evolution] How to make Evolution remember its main window size--revisited

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 17:43 -0400, George Reeke wrote:
Thanks for your suggestion.  For me, it doesn't work.
I killed evolution, changed the height and width in gconf editor in
two places, since the names are not unambiguous:
apps/evolution/mail/message_window and
apps/evolution/shell/view_defaults
Restarted evolution:  New sizes took effect.
Shut down evolution, rebooted computer--old small size is back again.

Check your ~/.gconf directory permissions (including subdirectories) and
make sure they are writable.  What you describe sounds like the GConf
daemon process (gconfd-2) is unable to write its in-memory settings to
disk when the desktop session is ending, which would explain why your
settings are retained during the session but lost on reboot.

Matthew Barnes