Re: [Evolution] Using an IMAP Outbox

Am Samstag, den 30.05.2009, 14:31 +0200 schrieb Patrick Ohly:
You could tell Evolution to put sent emails into that special folder,
there's a setting for it in the preferences. Put a dummy "sendmail"
script in your PATH. Let it do nothing except "cat >/dev/null", then
Evolution should think that it was able to send the outgoing email and
move it into the desired folder.

Sounded good to me (even though it's a bit hacky) and tried it. But
evolution still wasn't able to send the mail correctly and gives me the
error: "broken pipe".

I placed the script only in my ~/bin directory (which is the first in my
$PATH) but evolution uses /usr/sbin/sendmail directly. So placing a
symlink into /usr/sbin worked fine. But isn't a really nice solution,
because i always have to keep in mind not to install sendmail. ;)

Nice would be to have an option to use SMTP, default sendmail or a
custom script to send mail in evolution. This would quit easily fix this
"problem" and would give the adviced user more options.