Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.24.5 && edit of mail body

        Hi,

On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 09:33 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
Hello,

I'm must use Evolution and I'm now missing what I have had with my MUA
'mutt': an efficient way to edit the text of the mail body. I'm used to
do this with 'vim' using 'mutt' and I'm now forced to use a mouse to do
copy&paste operations (instead of just '10yy' ... 'p'), or mark with the
mouse some hundreds of lines of a mail to do only a few word reply to the
only line of this mail which deserves an answer :-(

If you want to reply to some part only, just select it and press Reply
button, only the selected part will be shown in the new mail window.

Is there some way to have an external editor connected to Evolution,
like it is possible to connect a text editor to Firefox text input field
as a plug-in?

Yes, there is an experimental external-editor plugin for evolution, with
it enabled (Edit->Plugins) you can do File->Compose in External Editor
within composer, though it's probably not available in your version, or
at least needs some "recent" fixes done there, for better stability. I
think those are parts of 2.26.3+, but I'm not sure now.
        Bye,
        Milan