[Evolution] compiling from SVN tutorial - now with more MAPI!

In my office some skilled IT manager just decided to upgrade the old (read: obsoleted as by design) Exchange 2003 server with a brand new Exchange 2007. The result is that my loved Evolution ceased to work with the Exchange plugin: it was possible to use ONLY IMAP (no calendar, addressbook configurable through some weird LDAP try-and-then-retry-again, etc. etc.).

Being put at the corner between the choice of using a web interface or no more accessing to my calendar I decided the third way: trying evolution with the MAPI protocol.

When I found this the process became quite trivial on intrepid (thanks Thomas). BTW I found some minor problems in resolviong dependencies and compilations tricks, so I updated the SVN tutorial for working with MAPI (I think many people had -and will have- my same problems).

On monday I'll try if all the stuff (calendar, addressbook and, of course, emails) works and, if necessary, I'll post some other comments.

Many thanks to the community!

Regards,
Gibro