Re: [Evolution] Junk email - please help!

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 09:39 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 14:52 +0100, William John Murray wrote:
I posted a few days ago, asking how to make a junk folder.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2009-January/msg00104.html
  Now my life has got worse. I have junk filtering turned off in
  Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Preferences -> Junk
                [All 3 of the top boxes are empty]
   and also in
  Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Accounts -> Edit -> Receiving Options
   All the bottom 3 check boxes are empty, and the very last is grayed
out.

  but my emails just softly disappeared from my inbox again. As I cannot
see my junk folder this is Very Bad (TM)
   Can no one help? Does 5 years as a user end have to end like this?
Because this is not a way to work.

Some questions, in no particular order:

Is your mail server (or ISP) running a Junk filter? You seem to be using
something called iCritical, which appears to be a virus and spam filter.
Yes, but that isn't the problem. [Well, not so bad]. Becasue...

Are you running some other client in parallel to Evo?
   I would not say in parallel. I used the OWA web mail a bit in the
last week or two since this problem hit. I can see emails in there which
evolution hides. I also tried thunderbird and see the same enlarged
list.

Are you using POP or IMAP? If it's IMAP, what do you see when you look
at the the inbox with a different client, e.g. Thunderbird?
   IMAP. See above

Before disabling your Junk filter, which one were you using? If it was
Spamassassin, this has been known to leave "spamd" processes lying
around even after Evo terminates. Do a "pgrep -fl spamd" to check.
       It was actually bogofilter

And last but not least: what version of Evo do you have?
    2.24.2 (From Fedora 10 standard latest-version.)
    Ah yes - there was an update on the 12 and I report problems on the
15th. It was probably going from 2.24.2.2 to 2.24.2.3 which set it off.
Does that make it a Fedora issue?
   It remains true - if I could ever see my junk at all this would not
be (much of) an issue. But it just disppears from view.

poc