Re: [Evolution] Ctl-Z = undo, Please !!

Ahh ...

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 18:41 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 18:07 -0500, William Case wrote:
Hi;

Just re-posing a question about a request for an enhancement.  Am I
alone in wanting this?

I know there was a bug (request for enhancement) filed against Evolution
requesting an undo key or Edit tab undo for flagging read/unread mail.
It shouldn't be difficult. If it went back 5 -20 read flags it would
save me from a lot of grief produced by accidentally flagging a message
as being read when in fact I hadn't read it yet.

What's wrong with just unflagging it yourself (Shift-Ctrl-K)?

Nothing if my cursor is still on it.  But then I know where the mail is
and I can read the message.  Backing up to read rather than having the
message remain bolded is the point.

Just now I accidentally hit the '.' twice while being distracted.  The
cursor naturally jumped two messages and it took me a frustratingly long
time (perhaps 10-20 sec) to go back up the list looking for the message
I had missed.

On other occasions, I get zipping along flagging read messages (I could
easily have 50 at a time) and then realize I should have stopped to read
an earlier message rather than just breezing by, but I am unable to
backup easily or accurately.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.3