Re: [Evolution] Google Calendars

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Peter L. Berghold <peter berghold net> wrote:
Is there some magic foo to getting Google Calendars to work with
evolution?

It all depends on how you are doing the integrating. I have been able
to get Google calendars to work with Evolution by following this:
<http://www.ehow.com/how_4488736_sync-evolution-calendar-google-calendar.html>.
It doesn't synchronize your Evolution local calendar to your Google
calendar, it merely provides an Evolution UI face to your Google
Calendar which is probably what you really want. You can save
appointments to your Google Calendar via Evolution this way.

What I really want to do is use Evolution to synchronize my Exchange
calendar to my Google Calendar. Evolution will display my Exchange
calendar and display my Google calendar, but not get them to
synchronize together. This is important to me because my Apple
calendar does synchronize with my Google calendar, and they both get
synchronized to my iPod Touch.

Google does have a Windows/Google calendar sync, but it only works on
Windows and requires you to log into your Windows account, install
Outlook, and to keep Outlook as your default email client. Now that I
replaced my Windows desktop with Fedora, I can't do this any more.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart gmail com