[Evolution] Windows installation won't connect to LDAP server (evolution-data-server-2.24.exe crashes)

Hello list,

    in our office we are currently considering to switch from
Outlook/Thunderbird to Evolution (mostly due to LDAP and calendar
features). We have a mixed linux/windows vista environment on the
desktop. While evolution looks very cool on Linux, we have some problems
with the 2.24 version on Windows:

Setting up an LDAP connection to our LDAP server went smooth, but
whenever we start a search on the server or add a new contact it says:
"evolution-data-server-2.24.exe" has crashed.

Although this doesn't seem to kill the rest of the evolution system
still LDAP doesn't work at all. Does anybody have some clever thoughts
on this?

Thanks inadvance,

-- Guido