[Evolution] Blanks In The System Tray

Using Evolution v 2.26.3 under KDE/Mandriva 2009.1.  I have a large
number of anniversaries with pop-up reminders.  Works fine.

Except ... after each reminder has been dismissed, a blank space is left
in the systems tray between today's date and the network status symbol.
Each reminder adds a further space there until the systems tray reduces
the amount available for other apps running to a very small amount.

The spaces left by these obsolete reminders can be identified by
hovering the cursor over them.  They can be removed by re-booting the
desktop, but I don't want to do this if I can avoid it.
Ending/restarting Evolution does not remove the spaces.

Is there any other solution ??

John Williams
jw_karori at paradise. net .nz