Re: [Evolution] How to keep multiple Evolution desktops in sync

On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 12:33 +0100, Patryk Benderz wrote:
Dnia 2009-12-14, pon o godzinie 10:36 +0000, Pete Biggs pisze:

1.you have to make symbolic link to ~/.evolution in UbuntuOne folder
which is synchronised, and it will appear in your other PCs. Bad news is
that currently synchronising of symbolic links is disabled, until they
get rid of some problems.

2. Second option is to move ~/.evolution into UbuntuOne folder, and then
make ln -s ~/UbuntuOne ~/.evolution in order to keep evolution working.

  These are only my theoretical considerations, as i had no time to test
this solution. Hope this will help somebody.

Be careful.  The information in .evolution can only be guaranteed to be
consistent if all Evo processes are shutdown (i.e. by doing "evolution
--force-shtudown").  Also, configuration information is kept in gconf,
so that won't be synchronised.
hmm, too bad. I didn't know about that.

Yes, copying .evolution is one way to go, but it is not an "official"
thing, is unsupported, and is not a full solution.

The only real way to keep multiple copies of Evo in sync is to not store
anything locally - i.e. use IMAP, LDAP and CalDAV.  It used to be that
provided that your mail provider gives you one of these services - mine
gives me only exchange 2007 through RPC over HTTP. So i am stuck with
forwarding all this emails to my private pop3 account, until
evolution-imap starts to support RPC over HTTP :(

You could forward them to an IMAP provider (such as Gmail or Fastmail)
and work from there.

poc