Re: [Evolution] Heads Up: Merging kill-bonobo this weekend

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 07:32 -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
From reading your article, it appears that the major difference for end
users will be that developers will be better able to fix bugs.

I hope so.  And it will let us add some nice enhancements that we've
been blocked on for years.  Editable menu shortcuts will finally work,
for example.  An editable toolbar is now feasible...

Will there also be performance gains?

I don't anticipate any noticeable change.  Most of the affected code is
just internal architecture and user interface stuff, neither of which
are performance-critical.  The performance-critical stuff lives in the
Evolution-Data-Server package, for the most part.

Matthew Barnes