Re: [Evolution] Disaster strikes -- 4000 messages deleted

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 04:04:42PM -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 16:17 -0600, Kojak T wrote:
How was your Back-up made?
from within Evolution, or just a copy of the folder?

personally, I use the internal back-up in Evolution to one file as
extra, and  use rsync to an external drive.
Actually I do that for my complete /home folder except my virtual
machines.

I back up of my entire system (except programs, etc.) using rsync to a
detachable USB disk every day scheduled by a cron file.  It's fast,
usually completes within half an hour, and appears to be compatible with
moderate system use.  So I'm content (right now).

Similar to what I do except that I use rdiff-backup which uses a
similar "only copy the changes" strategy to rsync but also saves
history so that it's effectively an incremental backup.

I do the saves to an 'offsite' system, it's in the garage which is a
fair way away from the house.

--
Chris Green