Re: [Evolution] Evolution - Google Apps Off Line mode

2009/8/11 Kyle Amadio <kyle amadio itvss com au>:
I have posted a few questions re the 'Offline' options for Google Contacts
and Calenders.

Selecting 'Offline' does not seem to create a locally accessible copy of
either the Contacts nor the Calendar. I work offline quite often so the
feature would be very healpful

You're wrong, Evolution does create a locally accessible copy of both
your Google Calendars and your Google Contacts. However, you have to
opt for it for you create it, or enable it for your existing Google
Calendar or Contact list:

* Right-click your Google calendar or contact list.
* Check the checkbox directly beneath its name (Make available in
offline mode, I think it sais)
* When it's available in Evolution, go to offline mode by clicking the
offline button in the lower left.
* Observe that Evolution asks you if you want to sync now. You do. And
your Google Stuff is available.

Note that I'm using Evolution 2.26.1 in Ubuntu. If you're using an old
version of Evolution, or in Windows, then this functionality may not
be present. It's always a good idea to inform the list of your version
whenever you ask for assistance.

Happy evolving!

Jo-Erlend Schinstad