Re: [Evolution] recurrent tasks & attachment problems

Hi again,

Thank you for response. As to your reply given below, forgive me for not
being clear enough at the first place.

I have found out that in calendar section, it is possible to add
recurring events, but not tasks. As to events, I cannot mark them as
completed, but as an enterprise owner (translation office, in case
needed), I need my employees to mark them as completed (for example
settling of accounts every day). This is why I insist on adding
recurrent tasks. This, although may not seem, is a very important
point, because it makes lots of people avoid evolution.

As to long file names, maybe it is bad for software, but is a part of
our file naming system, which includes customer name, translator number,
language, date etc. I have also used nautilus, which, although not as
good as evolution, does not make me suffer from such a problem.

Solution of such problems are not not only for me, I believe I can get
lots of people convert to Linux from windows if I introduce them to
Linux with such staff, before they even know that task & event
management is possible in windows.

Thank you again,

Mutercim

Hi, I am new to evolution, but I liked it very much. Still, I have an

 issue about tasks. I have strived for 2 days just to find a way to add
recurring tasks, but I could not.

In Calendar, you can create items which are recurring.

Another point is attachments with a long name. When I send them, it is
ok. But when they are received, the names of the attached files may go
very very short, completely changed. I run a translation office, so it
is important for me to keep the names of the files intact.

It is good practice - even for a "normal" user - not to make file names
too long. Don't rely on Software, be it Open Source or commercial, to
compensate for bad practice.

-- thomas