Re: [Evolution] everytime new mails forever

Am Freitag, den 24.04.2009, 20:04 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 01:45 +0200, Tim Hendrik wrote:
Hello List,

get this situation:

Evo 2.24.3  with Linux Mint 6 Felicia (~ Ubuntu 8.10) POP3 with a Gmail
Account

Evo gets new mails, filters working (RSS and other)
but all the mail for the INBOX Evo load as new every 5 minutes.
also I delete all mail.
I have to delete AND make empty the trash, or I get them again.
I get also the error by cleaning the trash-folder :
âZusammenfassung und Ordner stimmen nicht Ãberein, sogar nach einer
Synchronisierungâ
try to translate :
âsummary and folders are not equal even after synchronizationâ
I did a backup and had deleted the folder in $HOME.
But after all the same,  annoying allway the some mails as new.
Or depend this on Gmail? But I use both more than 2 years. :/
Any Help? Ideas?

http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#Why_do_I_get_an_error_.22Summary_and_folder_mismatch.2C_even_after_a_sync.22.3F

poc

Remove the corresponding files with the file ending ".ev-summary" and
".ibex.index", in this example you should remove the file
"~/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox.ev-summary" and
"~/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox.idex.index".
  * Restart evolution, it will be slow to come up because it recreates
    the indexes.

Well, did that once - won't do that again! Because this will also
"recreate" folders.db, which happens to contain all my more or less
valuable labels that I did put on mails.
Is there any better way?

--
thomas