Re: [Evolution] importing contacts to evolution

I don't know how ACT! organises address data. The simplest way would be to
export the data from ACT! as a Vcard. Data in that form can easily be
imported by Evo. If that's not possible, the best approach may be to enter
one contact manually in Evo, making sure that all available fields are used.
Export the contact data in CSV format, open the file with OpenOffice (as a
spreadsheet), and take careful note of the headings. Open your
ACT!-generated CSV file, and adjust the headings to align with those
associated with the equivalent Evo data elements. The sequence in which the
headers and columns appear in the "spreadsheet" should not matter. Then
import the edited file.

I'd have to agree that this is all a bit of a pain, but it is more-or-less
guaranteed to work, and is better than being forced to retype several
hundred (or more) sets of contact details. If you get the headers wrong
first time (I did), delete all the contacts you have just created in Evo,
and adjust the input file headings as necessary ...

William Ibarra wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am trying to import my ACT! contacts to Evolution.  I have the contact
list in CSV but when I import it to Evolution, it imports it as is with
no way to map the fields.  The contacts are all in incorrect fields.  Is
there any way to import contacts correctly to Evolution?  Thank you for
your help.

--
William Ibarra
http://www.aviatorservices.com