Re: [Evolution] Howto sign e-mail using PGP (DebianLennyyEvolution 2.22.3.1)?

On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 09:04 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 14:39 +0200, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to find out how signing my email works. I created a PGP key,
exported it to the key servers, where it arrived (at least that is what
I suspect):

gpg --recv-keys 673C3196
gpg: requesting key 673C3196 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
gpg: key 673C3196: "Joost Kraaijeveld <J Kraaijeveld Askesis nl>" not
changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:              unchanged: 1

But whenever I send an email to myself (throught an MS Exchange 2000
server) Evolution says "Invalid signature". Mail from other people seem
to work correctly.

Can anyone give me a clue how to get this working ?

Did you sign your PGP key, or have anyone else on your keyring sign it?

You shouldn't have to retrieve your own key from the keyserver.  When
you create a key, it is placed in your keyring and is ultimately
trusted.

Perhaps when you retrieved your own key, you somehow corrupted it?

--
Art Alexion
MIS