Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.24 released

On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 08:36 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 09:16 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
Hello Everyone,

The Evolution Team is pleased to announce the release of

               * Evolution 2.24.0
               * Evolution-Data-Server 2.24.0
               * GtkHTML 3.24.0
               * Evolution Exchange 2.24.0
               * Evolution-sharp 0.18.0

And boy is it not quite ready for prime time.

The array of troubles I have had with it since upgrading to Ubuntu
Intrepid yesterday which included Evolution 2.24.0

The most important issue I'd say is that my search folders are broken.
One of my IMAP accounts' mail was not showing up in my "unread" (which
is basically just all of the unread mail from a number of my configured
accounts) vFolder so I went to edit the vFolder (Search Folders->Unread
mail->Properties.

It might be due to the new sqlite based on-disk-summary. There are still
issue pending, which we are working out. The new approach should be
resulting in fast vfolders and start up. Specially there is a bug, where
unread mails vfolders might not work well.

I do see the IMAP account whose messages are not showing up in the
vFolder but just for giggles I decided to try to add it again.  So I
click Add, choose the IMAP account's Inbox folder but what gets added is
"mbox:INBOX".  It seems whatever folders I try to add from this specific
IMAP account, they are prefixed with "mbox:" not "imap:brian linux/"
like they should be.  If I add a folder from a different IMAP account,
it works just fine.

Looks like a new bug, totally not related to the disk summary. Worth
reporting a bug and CC me there.

-Srini