[Evolution] Help with merging calendars

Hi all,

For a while now, I've been using Evolution for calendar and mail. I created multiple calendars for different
"topics" (like "business", "personal", and "children's". Mainly I did this as it seemed to be the way to get
my various items labeled in different colors.

Well, now I find that this completely messes up my chances of syncing my data with a mobile device--because I
can only connect a single calendar to the palm.

So, I guess there are two questions. The first is to verify that I should probably have done this using
categories instead--or is there another way that I haven't thought of (made the mistake of assuming something
was simple, reasonable, and appropriate last time, so I'll check before I do that again :)

Second question is how should I best merge these calendars into a single one. Obviously I'd like to have each
calendar produce items in a single category if at all possible, so I can avoid manually reassigning
categories to about a thousand items!

Many thanks,
Simon

 "You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions."
â Naguib Mahfouz