Re: [Evolution] IMAP Server disaster

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 17:15 -0700, marcello wrote:
I'm trying to figure what happens if the IMAP server my account resides
on
crashes and the provider is not able to restore my folders contents.

Having enabled the "Automatically synchronize remote mail locally" option
have a local copy of all of the messages, but what happens when I first
start Evolution after the server disaster and it synchronizes my local
folders with the (empty) remote ones? I expect it to delete all my local
messages (and obviously it is not what I'd like).

Is this the expected behavior?

I suspect only the developers know what it will do, so play safe and
back up your local copies before doing anything.

This is the approach I'm already following.

I've defined both an inbound and an outbound filter which save the messages
into local folders. It works, but the idea that I have to duplicate all of
my messages is a bit annoying. The problem seems quite general to me and I
cannot believe that there is not a built-in procedure to accomplish this
(something like a configurable warning before the synchronization process
deletes locally stored messages).

Marcello