[Evolution] Why did Evolution lose its excellent search ? Will it ever come back ?

Evolution used to have a really good email search system.  One used to
be able to select the field to search, ie subject, sender, etc.   I
*LOVED* that feature.  I used it all the time.  My Evolution has every
email I have sent since 2002.  It is very handy to be able to search for
things by field.

A while back Evolution lost this feature.  It appears that all searches
are now by subject or sender only.

Why did the searching by field disappear ?   Will it ever be brought
back ?

Thanks

BTW: I really appreciate the recent improvements to Evolution.  (I am
running 2.12 via Fedora.)  I use Evolution to manage mail from 6
different accounts, some of which are on several voluminous mailing
lists. My folders are huge.   I used to continually have issues with
folder/summary mismatches.  It was very frustrating.  Now I can't
remember the last time I had a problem.   Kudos to whomever fixed this.
Evolution rocks !