[Evolution] viewing emails

Hello,

I've had Ubuntu and Evolution for almost a year now, and for a
non-techie I relieved that it's working pretty well.  This week I got an
error/recovery kind of notice after the computer froze and I had to
reboot while I was in Evolution.  I forget what I clicked on:  something
that felt to me like "Do whatever necessary to get my email back!"

Now, the emails are formatted differently:  I can't get a peek at the
content of the selected email without actually opening it.  That's a
hassle, of course.

Can I get it back to the way it was?

Thank you,

Martha