Re: [Evolution] Evolution Update

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 07:54 -0400, Axel wrote:
Last weekend I switched from my Kubuntu 8.04 Setup to the Mandriva
2008.1 Setup. I am using Evolution 2.22.0 and I have to say its works
better then my latest all backports on Kubuntu.

I had one backend disconnect during the week. And I had one day with 2
freezes the other none or just one. Now I am also using compiz. This
has one benefit, as compiz greys out the evo window if the app is
frozen and the window color changes, when the app is working again.
This also helps. It freezes throughout the day for 2-3 seconds approx
10-15 times (i did not count it).

All in all, it is a seriously better experience then in kubuntu.

If there are any similar views or concersn please let me know.

I have the luxury of 3 or 4 computers attached to a kvm at my desk.  I
was using Ubuntu for evo because I preferred debian administration to
rpm-based.  Evo worked fine through 2.12 on gutsy (7.10), but
experienced constant exchange disconnects after upgrading to hardy
(8.04) which installs evo 2.22.1.

I switched back to SLED 10.1 which only experiences a disconnect a month
or more (Novell/evo 2.6)  I haven't mentioned this before because I
think with the Novel tweaks, the comparison is not fair.  2.6 seems to
have identical functionality to 2.22.

--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075