[Evolution] Evolution Windows build (evolution-2.22.1.1-1531.msi) - Problem with EHELO/HELO command not conforming to RFC

Hi,

I'm new to evolution and using list-groups, so my apologies if I am not
doing 'right'...

Situation:
I tried evolution-2.22.1.1-1531.msi on a Windows XP SP2 (German) and
tried to connect to T-Online SMTP Sever.

When trying to send emails through configured SMTP server i allway get
an Error stating "parameter to HELO does not conform to rfc syntax"

I checked with telenet on port 25 and the server accecpted my hostname
in the "HELO hostname" command.
Then ich tried it with Evolution and captured ip-traffic with wireshark.
There i could see, that evolution is trying to send
        "HELO [hostname]"    (be aware of the brakets)
rather than
        "HELO hostname"  (without brakets).

If i try by telnet with "HELO hostname" it's ok.
If i try by telnet with "HELO [hostname]" I get the same error, which
ist logged by evolution (namely: "parameter to HELO does not conform to
rfc syntax")

My question: How to configure evolution to avoid the brakets in the HELO
command? Or ist it considered a bug? Unfortunately I do not have any
programming skills, so I am not able to patch code and test it by
myself.

Best regards and many thanks for providing great software.

Thomas
Benelog.com