Re: [Evolution] How can I force plaintext?

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 14:31 +0100, Alastair Douglas wrote:
Hi List,

I know you're likely to answer that I should use the 'prefer
plaintext' plugin, but this is not supported, a demo plugin, and
broken.

I'm using Evolution on Ubuntu 8.04 if that's any relevance and I'm
sick and tired of badly-formatted emails. Why do so many people insist
on sending me blue emails?

Anyway, I can use the Prefer Plaintext plugin to convert basic HTML
emails to text but I can't use it to convert complex HTML emails to
text - especially ones that use tables for layout. Since our
infinitely wise team here decided before I joined that project updates
should go in HTML I am now in the situation where I either can't read
about project updates or I have to put up with people sending me blue
emails (the least of several crimes)

Please help. I'm too young to be formatted!

AFAIK the plugin doesn't do any conversion, it just shows you the plain
text version of the message. Most HTML messages contain both versions,
but if your team sends you crap that can only be read in HTML, you have
to read it in HTML (or find some external converter, e.g. firefox->Save
As ...).

I use the Plain Text plugin and it works for me.

poc