Re: [Evolution] E-mail Can't Be Deleted

If you exit evolution and delete the Trash file, when you re-enter evolution, it will recreate the Trash file without the offending e-mail.

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 13:46 -0400, Donald E. Holt wrote:
An e-mail that I forwarded reappeared in my Outbox. When I delete it from the outbox, and then attempt to empty the Trash folder (using File-->Empty Trash), I get an Evolution Error dialog: Error while Expunging folder. Error storing '~/.evolution/mail/local/Outbox (mbox)': Summary and folder mismatch, even after a sync.

If I undelete the message, it returns to the Outbox. If I resend it, it goes out, but a copy reappears in my Trash folder, where the whole cycle begins again.

If I move it from Outbox to any other folder, a copy goes into the Trash folder as well. I even tried creating a new folder, moving the offending file to that folder, and then deleting the folder. The folder disappears, but the message reappears in the Trash folder (where, once again the cycle begins again).

How can I get rid of this file and break the cycle?