[Evolution] Comptability winth Windows

I want  to know  if  Evolution 2.8 is compatible winth  Windows XP Sp2

Yes, sure. This is just my personal opinion, of course, but in general
I think you will find that software developers who target Windows, and
who have a choice, prefer to use XP. Vista is mostly used by consumers
who don't have a choice (i.e., it came pre-installed with the
machine), or by developers who believe everything Microsoft tells them
or their bosses.

Windows XP is the OS the port of Evolution to Windows was done on back
when it was initially done. Vista was not even available then.

In the recently revived porting effort XP is still the OS used as
development platform. Testing on Vista will be done eventually once
time permits, ditto for Windows 2000. The intent is certainly that
Evolution, and the GNOME stack as ported to Windows in general, should
work fine on Windows 2000, XP, or Vista, or the corresponding server
OSes. Win9x is explicitly ignored.

--tml