[Evolution] Default e-mail address for contact, contact list obervations.

I'd like to comment Peter Husen's question from back in January:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2008-January/msg00173.html

I'm running Evolution 2.21.92, and I've observed that the default
address appears to be the last one filled. To be precise, consider the
four e-mail address slots as numbered thusly:
0 - top left
1 - bottom left
2 - top right
3 - bottom right
So the default address when composing new mail seems to be the highest
slot slot filled, the lower right when all four are filled, etc.

I do like that the auto-complete lets you easily mouse-select any of the
four addresses, if you don't want the default. That's quite slickly
done, and it makes it simple to choose any of the contact's addresses
when composing mail. This dropdown also

I do have another observation, however. It seems that when adding
contacts to contact lists, what actually happens is that the contact
list gets the saves actual default e-mail address at the time you add
the contact, and not a link to the contact.

This keeps the interface simpler and leads to unambiguous behavior, but
an unfortunate side-effect is that if a contact's e-mail address
changes, you have to update any contact lists that contact belongs to as
well. If instead it stored a link to the contact, (and, ideally, a
reference to one of the e-mail slots for that contact), then you
wouldn't have to update lists when a contact's address changes.

I just started using Evolution in December, when I switched GNU/Linux
distributions and it was the default e-mail client, and I like it
overall. Thanks to the developers for their efforts!

Regards,

Geoff Buchan

Regards,

Geoff