[Evolution] contacts list

Hi,

Because I had a lot of trouble getting my broadcom to work under debian Lenny, someone suggested I go for openSuse...
Well my wifi was very easy to activate but I now have an evolution problem. I made a backup: evolution-backup.tar.gz, clean-installed OpenSuse 11 and in evolution restored the backup.

I have my emails but my address book is not there, although it is in the place where it is supposed to be....

error message: We were unable to open this address book.  Please check that the path /home/john/.evolution/addressbook/local/system exists and that you have permission to access it.

Can anyone show me the way to recovering the contacts?

thanks

John
-
John