Re: [Evolution] Evolution maximum email file size

based on a Windows problem with dealing with large files.

Umm, this is off-topic, but I think this is FUD. As far as I know,
Windows handles large files just fine. This is evident from the fact
that no special flag is needed when opening files in order to be able
to handle large offsets. (Unlike some POSIX systems, where one needs
an O_LARGEFILE flag.) I don't know why Outlook then limits to 2 GB of
email storage (I trust you know this for sure). Presumably just a
coding mistake, using 32-bit variables...

(Sure, some of the older APIs in the Microsoft C library like lseek()
or stat() use just 32-bit file offsets and sizes, and one has to use
functions like _lseeki64() or _stati64() to handle 64-bit offsets and
sizes. But that is not because the underlying OS would have any
problem as such with large files, or offer separate APIs for large
file access.)

P.S. When I say "Windows", I mean NT-based Windows versions. Win9x is
dead for all practical purposes.