Re: [Evolution] How to access .evolution via AFS from another computer

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 11:48 +0200, Svante R Signell wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently upgrading to a newer computer and want to
access .evolution located at an AFS area from that computer. Starting up
evolution from the new computer only gives the startup wizard, not
seamless switching from the old computer to the old one.

Not all of Evo's state is kept under .evolution. There are also bits
kept in the GConf subsystem. This might be useful:

http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#How_can_I_transfer_all_my_Evolution_data_between_computers.2Fto_a_new_partition.2Fto_a_new_computer.3F

However if you want to share the same state concurrently from two or
more machines (i.e. keep instances of Evo running on both of them), I'd
say it's likely to be risky.

poc