Re: [Evolution] data files

TheStewartJD wrote:

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 00:20:17 -0700
From: Jimmy <TheStewartJD comcast net>
Subject: [Evolution] data files
To: evolution-list gnome org

I want to save my received emails, wipe the hard-drive, re-install linux
fedora 8, and have my emails available from the same previous directory.
How is this possible? I can't identify the files used to store received
emails.
Thanks in advance.

I did this just the other day from these notes:

http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#How_can_I_transfer_all_my_Evolution_data_between_computers.2Fto_a_new_partition.2Fto_a_new_computer.3Fpoc

and it worked brilliantly.  You could also tar your home directory and
then untar it later.  I chose to do both.  But before tarring my
directory I went through and deleted all of the dot files that I could
identify as non essential.  I chose to keep .gnucash but
deleted .scribus because scribus can be configured again next time I
fire it up, but I cannot afford to mess with my accounting package.  If
you want to keep your bookmarks in Mozilla do not delete the .mozilla
file.  I removed any isos for which I had the disks, with a view to
making the tarball smaller.  I ended up with 3.6Gb.  What I would really
like to know is how to empty the cache of images from html mail from
evo.

You may have to change some permissions to make it all work later, but I
even had my signatures restored, which has never happened before.

Go for it!

Andrew Greig
Melbourne, Australia