Re: [Evolution] Dates in Contacts

I noticed this also. It will add the birthday to your calendar every year, which is cool, but that's all it does (which kind of makes the year field invalid). This must be a bug.

Gareth

----- Original Message ----
From: Rosalind Mitchell <rcm swimbarrow co uk>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Sent: Wednesday, 2 January, 2008 10:56:07 AM
Subject: [Evolution] Dates in Contacts

I'm trying to update my Contacts list with birthdays.  However, Contacts
doesn't seem to be able to accept a full date with a proper year.

For example, I want to put a birth date in for my mother.  In ISO format
this would be 1924-05-28, but the field won't accept this format..  Nor,
it seems, will it accept any other format with a four-digit year, such
as 28/5/1924.  If I enter the date as 28/5/24, then the system assumes
the year as 2024 (making both my mother and myself a technical and
philosophical miracle!)

I'm sure it's possible that I've missed something very obvious in the
set up, but I'd appreciate it if somebody could give me some idea of
where to look.

Rosie

Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.