Re: [Evolution] Testing New MAPI Plugin with Exchange 2007

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 07:02 -0700, Jacob Johnny wrote:
On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 08:37 -0500, Rick Bilonick wrote:
I posted this sometime ago. Is no one else interested in testing the new
mapi plugin? Or getting it working?

Rick B.

I'm using the new mapi plugin to try to access an Exchange 2007 server.
I have the correct user id (not my e-mail name), password, and domain.
I've done the necessary exports to get the plugin to load and I've set
up the new account. Here is what I see when I try to authenticate:

get 1upmc-acct\bilora mapi://mydomain%5cmyuserid myserver net/
Find Items 9
Couldn't Get password 9
camel-mapi-store.c(352):mapi_connect:Reached
camel-mapi-store.c(166):camel_mapi_store_get_type:Reached
camel-mapi-store.c(166):camel_mapi_store_get_type:Reached
get 1upmc-acct\bilora mapi://mydomain%5cmyuser myserver net/
Find Items 9
Couldn't Get password 9
(evolution:8545): e-data-server-DEBUG: Loading categories from
"/home/chippy/.evolution/categories.xml"
(evolution:8545): e-data-server-DEBUG: Loaded 29 categories

Any ideas on how to get this working? I was able to get IMAP working but
I would also like to be able to use MAPI.

I could have sworn that at some point in the mapi account set up, there
was a box to type in the domain name. Now I don't see it and I'm using
"mydomain\userid" for userid.

Rick, check whether the 'Exchange MAPI' plugin is loaded ( from Edit ->
plugins)

Yes there is a field for entering your domain name. and in the user-id
field entering a user-id is sufficient.

- Johnny

Yes, I've checked and it's clear the plugin is loaded. I wouldn't have
been able to create the mapi account and also authenticate against the
servers. I see from re-reading what I posted I didn't change all the
occurrences of my account name and domain (not that it matters much). I
could authenticate for sending mail but not receiving it and as the log
shows there was some problem with the password: "Couldn't Get password
9". And I'm sure I'm using the correct account name and password (I use
them for web access and for IMAP access).

I checked the mapi account a number of times - sometimes the box for the
domain name showed up - most of the times it did not. I could not figure
out what the pattern was.

My question was, does the IT department have to specifically allow a
mapi connection or is it on by default? Since I was able to connect by
IMAP, I haven't had time to work with the mapi connection. Has any one
else been able to get the mapi plugin to work?

Rick B.